Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First!

Lets air things out. I'm a pirate, anything the internet has to offer, I'm there to take a piece. Movies, music, shows, games, books, other... unmentionables that I'm sure will come up sooner or later... you know, the good stuff. With a couple terabytes of space at my disposal and a high speed internet connection, the media world is at my finger tips as long as I care enough to look for it.

I realize there's an ethical dilemma in creating royalty free copies of other people's creative property. The Industry is a tough gig and the economy is still in recovery, actors, artists and authors are not exempt from the penny pinch and if their production companies go out of business because of lost revenue due to pirated data then how could they keep the masses entertained? And perhaps as a justification I could go ranting on about the freedoms that the internet has brought us and the evils of a corporate economy that's sucking consumers dry and constantly cheapening artistic expression with their cookie cutter approach to entertainment... but I'm just not that guy.

I mean, lets face it, I pirate because while I love watching all sorts of shows and movies and playing the latest games and reading the latest novels/mangas/comics, I'm not made of money, and probably neither are you. As honesty is still the best policy, lets all of us, as a collective, give up any high minded moral ideologies about the whole media pirating phenomenon and just admit we're all just being frugal.

That was just to clear the air.

Now, about this blog. No media stone will be left unturned. From 07 Ghosts (that's an Anime) to Zombie Land and all the latest and greatest (not necessarily the same) in games, music, TV and more will be put up on the slab. Not all media is created equal, some are good, some are bad, some are truly terrible and will be purged from my hard drives as soon as I -verb- them enough to criticize them to the full extent of their utterly flawed existence. Needless to say, it's all my opinion, this is strictly a no brain washing zone. But it's my hope that some one out there, I want to set reasonably reachable goals here, will try something in here that I firmly believe deserve a look and find a masterpiece that brings them a measure of happiness to have discovered.

So, to all you pirates out there, and also to all you legitimate users of Amazon, Ebay, Netflix , and retail stores everywhere, enjoy the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment